A Life Full of Surprises

A Life Full of Surprises
A story to me means a plot where there is some surprise. Because that is how life is - full of surprises. -Isaac B. Singer

Monday, March 7, 2011

My "ORIGINAL" first post... circa March 2010


OKAY... so, this was supposed to be my first post!... a year ago!!

What am I thinking?

This whole blog thing is very new to me... I've always wanted to start a blog, but never had the time... still don't have the time, but decided to do it anyway :) I named the blog "A Life Full of Surprises" for many reasons. Let me begin by saying... I LOVE surprises. I am the child who still believes in Santa Claus and always asked him for surprises. I never tell my husband or parents things that I want because I want it all to be a surprise. (this doesn't always pan out in my favor either - ha!) However, I still love the surprise. Birthday gifts, Christmas gifts, etc... I never snooped... still don't. I get so excited about being surprised and just as excited about surprising others. I had several surprise birthday parties growing up... my husband surprises me all of the time... my mom still does little things to surprise me. Love it all!

Surprises are not always good... my parents divorced when I was in high school. My mom and sisters moved to Greenville, South Carolina when I left for college. My dad got sick... BUT through it all, SURPRISE!, I inherited two wonderful step-parents whom I love as my own as well as a new home in Greenville!!!! Luck of the surprise!

I went to Meredith College and met my husband when I least expected, um seriously LEAST EXPECTED it... what a nice surprise! I moved to Winston-Salem (away from my family) and love it here... another great surprise, especially being that I was homesick until I was a senior in college :) I got pregnant unexpectedly with my first daughter - SURPRISE!! I had a hard time getting pregnant with my second daughter - not such a good surprise :(

Needless to say, I've had a lot of surprises and lucky for me... they keep on comin'!! We have been blessed with yet another surprise... we're expecting a new Butler in November. Were we trying? Heaven's NO! Is this totally unexpected? ABSOLUTELY! But we're thrilled with our new surprise and can't wait to meet our new bundle :)

Like I said... I love surprises, more now than I ever thought I would! I'm blessed with my health, my truly remarkable, "not so little" growing family, excellent parents, entertaining siblings, loving in-laws and amazing friends! I look forward to all of the surprises that life has to throw my way! Bring 'em on...

stay tuned :)


No comments:

Post a Comment