A Life Full of Surprises

A Life Full of Surprises
A story to me means a plot where there is some surprise. Because that is how life is - full of surprises. -Isaac B. Singer

Monday, March 14, 2011

Home!


Peace - that was the other name for home. ~Kathleen Norris

This past weekend I headed home for my sister's wedding. What a wonderful weekend we had! Kat and Johnny were the happiest wedded couple I've seen in a long while. It was so fun to be with my family as well. I'll be sure to post more about it in days to come (but want my sweet sister to get home from her honeymoon before she is flanked with pictures she hasn't even seen yet via technology)

I arrived home Wednesday night after traveling in horrendous downpours the entire way, making my 2.5 hour trip turn into an almost 4 hour trip. Whew! I was so glad to put the car into park and my shoulders and knuckles were also pretty thankful. I was also so glad to be HOME. Of course, I got to be the only child for the night as I'd left the hubby and kids in Winston for the evening. Upon arriving, I got hugs from Mom & my stepdad/Dad #2, John and was quickly whisked upstairs to see my newly decorated room. (it's actually the guest room, but I still call it mine) It's so peaceful and serene now - just what this Mommy needed. I find Mom rummaging around for a bit and she says, "oops. I almost forgot" then gives me a bag full of "surprises". She's always so good about giving little sercies :) And believe me, I'm so grateful for them all! (and also thankful for my baby sister that helped pick them out)


After chatting a little longer and going over the duties of the next few days, I took full advantage of sleeping alone and crawled into bed. I can honestly say that I slept better that night than I have in a LONG, LONG while. Was it because I was in bed alone? No, not quite. I did miss my husband. Was it because I was away from the kids? Not really... because I missed them, too... not the monitor(s) so much, however :) I can tell you that I slept well because I was at HOME. I was able to let my guard DOWN and let everything go... responsibilities, worries, to-do lists, etc. It's just something about being in a house with your parents that makes you feel like a little girl again. Sweet dreams were in store for this chick! (and thank goodness they were because homegirl lost many hours for the next few nights! and it's going to take me weeks to make up for them!) HA! - and I'll also post a small sneak peek from the weekend :)


Happy Monday! and Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Johnny Westmoreland! Love you Both!




No comments:

Post a Comment