A Life Full of Surprises

A Life Full of Surprises
A story to me means a plot where there is some surprise. Because that is how life is - full of surprises. -Isaac B. Singer

Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Day of Suprises!


Oh WOW! What a week it's been! Busy... busier... busiest! I was blessed to have my baby sister, Mary Lanier, and my super cute nephew, Wells, come stay with me for a few days and help me "purge" some belongings. I've said it before and I'll say it again... "I'm not a hoarder... I just like "stuff!"" We had the best time talking, gossiping, laughing, catching up, laughing some more, drinking cold beer in the late afternoon and wine until the wee hours of the morning. We solved most of the world's problems along with my dear cousin-in-law, Mandi (she was the babysitter while all of the purging was occurring and an awesome one at that). I am so blessed to have not one, but two sisters... and I might add... a great sister in law. (I also got to spend the afternoon with her today and my precious nephew and niece, Jack & Anna). Like I said, it's been a great, busy week full of family and I loved every minute of it! Seriously!


So... for my day of surprises! My dear hubby is out of town on his umpteenth guys' weekend of the year (it's only March, by the way!). Just kidding, but he has been gone two out of the past three weekends on a guys' getaway. (Dear God, in my next life, can I please come back as Archer?) :) Mary Lanier, my baby sis, and I stayed up "nipping" a little into the late night and came up with a strategic plan for world peace. We solved my problems, her problems and everyone else's problems. It was great, lemme tell ya! Needless to say, 5:30am was a tad too early for this Mommy! The bad news is that my darling three children didn't get the memo. (sucks to be me!) ha! Patterson cried out at exactly 5:28am. I dragged myself into her room, picked her up and carried her to my bed. "Shhhh! It's still nighttime, Pat Pat. Go back to sleep." She cuddled up beside me, we both closed our eyes and then I hear Tee crying through another monitor. I try giving him his paci to no avail and bring him into my bed as well. The three of us snuggle up together and I have a great feeling we're all going back to sleep, but SURPRISE! The door swings open and in walks CeCe. Seriously??? You have GOT to be kidding me! It's 5:40am and all three of my children are awake and staring at me. Okay... I'm exhausted and really want to pull the covers over my head and tell the kids to go downstairs, fix a Pop-Tart, watch Disney Junior and leave me alone. Oh, and if it's not too much... please fix Tee a bottle and give it to him. But then I think to myself, I'm one lucky Mommy. I have all three of my babies cuddled up next to me, fighting over who can be the closest. It may be "before" the crack of dawn when my "surprise" wake-up occurs, but there will be a day, many years from now that I'll think of this morning and wish I had it back. Therefore, I got up, brushed my teeth, pulled my hair back into my signature ponytail, put on my ol' faithful workout clothes and headed to Biscuitville! (the really good part of this story is that Wells and Mare were already awake, too) The Dillehay sisters needed some grease and the kids were all too pleased! Goooooood Morning Winston-Salem!!!(picture Robin Williams).

While I thought my morning wake-up would be my biggest surprise of the day, little did I know I had one more big surprise in store. YAY! I found out that a dear friend of mine and her awesome husband are expecting a baby! Ginna and Tyler are expecting Baby Van Zandt in late September/early October! Ginna grew up in the same hometown as me and was the first sitter that I entrusted with my precious firstborn, CeCe. She kept CeCe the weekend that Mary Lanier and Graham got married and she actually kept CeCe the day that we had Patterson! I was honored to be a part of her wedding as well. She and Tyler are so special to us and I know that they will be the very best parents in this world. This baby is going to be super lucky to be gaining such a wonderful Mommy and Daddy! God Bless You Both and that sweet, sweet baby. I can't wait to meet him/her and I'm tickled pink and blue. Love you both! Now I just have to figure out a way to get to Alaska... Hmmmmmm!(PS: Did I mention that my mother has known this for "months" and hasn't breathed a word to me? Dulcie, kudos to you for keeping a secret! :))




So, that's been my day of surprises! Hope tomorrow has just as many in store... but I'll gladly pass on the 5:30am wake-up call! GEEZ!

1 comment:

  1. Wells and I had such a great time! And who needs sleep when you can watch a "Jake" marathon and eat donut bites! :)

    ReplyDelete