A Life Full of Surprises

A Life Full of Surprises
A story to me means a plot where there is some surprise. Because that is how life is - full of surprises. -Isaac B. Singer

Monday, April 11, 2011

Adios Englewood...




You all know by now that I love surprises but what you all don't know is that I thrive on drama (well not really crazy drama) but drama that life has to offer. I live a hectic life slam full of crazy schedules, things going on, laundry, kids, dog, volunteer work, school(s) etc. There is always something going on in my life... just call me and I promise that you won't get a boring conversation. I'm sure my friends think that I'm a little nutty and a slight drama queen, but that's me :0) This is actually going somewhere... stay with me!

I found out I was pregnant in March 2010. We also decided to put our house on the market in March 2010. My husband had recently surprised me with the news that he had never actually "cared for" our house.... um, yes 4 years later! Thanks hun! So... what the heck? Let's see if it'll sell? Guess what? It didn't. We kept it on the market about six months and had about six people come and look at it. And let me tell ya, trying to keep a house straight, much less CLEAN with two kids and a puppy (yes-Stella, our sweet yellow lab, was delivered to us via Santa's sleigh a few months earlier and was supposed to be Baby #3) while pregnant is kind of like personally asking the devil to take over your soul. With that being said, we finally took the house off of the market right before Tee's birth and said "to heck with it!" We'll chalk it up and stay.

Well - we started to get bees in our bonnet again towards the end of the year and thought to ourselves, let's just put our house on the market and see what happens. Surely it won't sell, but let's just give it a whirl. Guess what? Englewood was under contract in THREE weeks! We were elated! and a little anxious and scared. Um, we had nowhere to go... inspectors and realtors aren't as easy on sellers these days... and they wanted to close in seven weeks!

Those seven weekends that were to follow included:
1) Sister's Bachelorette Party
2) Weekend full of parties and kids' friends birthday parties (oh and sick child)
3) Archer out of town
4) Sister's Wedding
5) Archer out of town #2
6) CeCe's birthday party and Tee's baptism
7) Moving Weekend (entire week prior = Spring Break)

Holy hellfire! How in the world am I/we going to get this accomplished? On top of that, the inspection report came back and we were asked to have 99% of it completed (this is a small town or I'd have a whole post on "The Devil Wears a Prudential Badge"). Thank God there is a God and a good one at that because we were able to close last Tuesday and thank goodness for my in-laws that are letting us live with them while we look for a house. There is no way we could be somewhat settled if it weren't for them. They have been overly accommodating... much MUCH more than I would be. We had clean & empty closets, clean & empty dressers to move our stuff into. We've totally set up shop... the sunroom is now a full blown playroom and the den is covered and smothered with Tee's equipment (swing, bouncy seat, play mat, exersauser, etc) There's more than enough room for us all and Stella even seems to like her new digs (what am I talking about, she's in HEAVEN - hasn't had this much attention in ages!) It's been so great thus far and I think we may just stay here. The digs are pretty awesome :)

Our house selling so quickly was such a surprise and blessing for our family. We needed a new layout of a house and something that's more conducive to us and now we can take our time looking for it even if we do have to move twice. This market is not favorable towards sellers at ALL so we feel even more blessed to have sold. Englewood was the home that Archer and I brought two of our three kids home from the hospital, we made many many wonderful memories there, we had the best street neighbors in the world, and we enjoyed having so much space. But, we know there's a better surprise around the corner and look forward to creating many great memories down the road. I hope the new owners will have just as many wonderful times on Englewood as we did. We wish the absolute best!

There will be an excerpt on each posting of the Butler (mostly Pat Pat) bloopers for a little bit while staying with the in-laws:
-Patterson wanting a Pop-Tart and going into Mimi's Christmas china and finding a bowl to eat it on - you guessed it... she broke it! (Mimi handled it a lot better than Mommy!)
-Patterson waking up Tee on Day #4 while poor thing is sleeping in the swing via shaking the mobile above psychotically (it is an awful sound by the way)
-Patterson getting into blue nail polish and painting the interior of my car and her Lilly dress (it's a lovely shade of blue though)
-Patterson screaming bloody murder (so loud the neighbor two doors down walked over) outside. As I walk out, I see her "storming" across the driveway and knocking CeCe upside the head. (notice this was a MAD scream and punishment occurred very shortly thereafter)
-Patterson wetting through her Pull-Up and peeing in the middle of the kitchen floor
-Stella chewing up her dog bed and making the biggest mess I've ever seen (even Patterson said, "Mommy! Oh my Gosh! Stella make a BIG MESS!" - it's a huge mess if Pat Pat acknowledges it)
-Mommy forgetting to send CeCe's lunch to school not once, but twice last week. Thank goodness that child is resilient and easy!
-Patterson and I pulling up in the driveway and the following conversation ensued:
P: Mommy, I want to go home!
me: Pat Pat, we are home.
P: No Mommy, I want to go to MY house.
me: Pat Pat, this is our house right now.
P: No, the OTHER house.
me: Pat Pat, we don't have that house anymore. It belongs to someone else.
But we're going to have a new house soon and you're going to have a
brand new room and new big girl bed!
P: Daddy gonna build me a house?
me: not exactly...
P: Daddy gonna build me a sparkly house like Barbie
and the Diamond Castle?
me: Well... we'll see... (don't get your hopes up, sweetie!)

Like I said earlier, we thrive on drama 'round here. Never a dull moment but love it all just the same :)




No comments:

Post a Comment