A Life Full of Surprises

A Life Full of Surprises
A story to me means a plot where there is some surprise. Because that is how life is - full of surprises. -Isaac B. Singer

Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy New Year!

SURPRISE! I'm back! Hurray! My New Year's resolution for 2012 (well, one of them) is to be more diligent about writing on my blog. I feel like I have missed so many things over the past few (five) months that I wanted to record and don't want to make the same mistake this coming five months! My posts may be shorter...one liners even... but they will come more often :)


In 2012, there are a lot of things that I want to accomplish. First, I want to start eating healthier. For those that know me, I am a fast food junkie. I could eat fast food three times a day... for some of you, that sounds disgusting. For me? HEAVEN! I'm sure you're wondering what my favorite fast food restaurant is... well, hands down, it's McDonald's! Yes, the good ol' Mickey D's has my heart :) However, heart problems run strong on both mine and Archer's sides of the family SO it's time to start eating like a grown up... well at least, try! AND if I lose a pound of two in process, good for me! Hell, I ain't gonna have this metabolism forever!


I also want to spend less money. I tend to be a frivolous shopper and that's not good for the Butler 2012 Budget. I see a precious frame or spreader or sweater or jeans or pair of boots, etc. etc. etc. and I HAVE to buy it. Not this year! This girl is giving the debit and credit cards a break!! (I realized exactly how much junk I had over the move(s) this past year and realized that I needed to buy less...a lot less)


I want to care less about my house. I am SO Type A when it comes to housework and cleaning and washing, almost to a fault. I am going to do my best to "not give a shit" a little more. That's already started being that I just got all of my Christmas decorations down today. Yay me!


Lastly, I am going to continue to say NO to a good bit of volunteer work. This past year has been so wonderful being in an uncommitted relationship with volunteer duties. I have a couple of things that I enjoy helping with, mostly because they are dear to my heart. I'm fairly passionate about those few things, but other than that, I'm out. These babies of mine are getting bigger every day and are requiring more and more out of me. I chose to stay at home to raise my babies (that's my job!) and that's what I plan on doing. I don't want to miss a day of their lives if I don't have to! AND... I've got plenty of time to do volunteer work once I'm empty nesting! (which sadly, will come sooner than I want it to) Friends... keep reminding me of this! You know how hard it is for me to say NO!


So there... that about sums up my goals for 2012! I am overly excited about this year and seeing what it has to bring and hope to (WILL) be in touch with you all more often.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment